How we handle your personal data.
For the purposes of the Data Protection Act 1998, Care Management Systems (‘we’ or ‘us’) is the ‘data controller’ (i.e. the company who is responsible for, and controls the processing of, your personal data).
This policy provides information on the personal information that we collect and use to provide our services, including through the Company websites and or services or equipment we offer, and how we use it.
We are registered as a data controller with the UK Information Commissioner’s Office. Our data protection registration number is ZA054812.
If you have any questions about our policy, please contact us via email@example.com.
- Collection of Personal Information
We collect a variety of personal information about individuals that visit the Company websites or that we interact with through our day to day business activities.
We collect personal information in instances such as those listed below:
- When we communicate with an individual from an organisation wishing to do or already doing business with us;
- When an individual submits content that includes personal information through a Company website or makes contact via a social media platform that we use;
- When we receive job applications from prospective employees, which may include details such as contact details, employment history, and educational qualifications; and
- When it is submitted by or on behalf of a customer utilising a service we provide such as caredocs.mobi or caredocs.cloud in accordance with Schedule 2 of the Terms and Conditions of Business.
- Other types of information we collect
We collect information on visitors to the Company websites, including information on which areas of the Company websites are most frequently accessed and how long visitors remain in those areas.
We may collect information about your device when you use CareDocs services, such as your device’s IP address, the operating system, and the browser type.
We may collect information about how our customers use our services, for system administration and to report aggregated information. This is statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
We may utilise “cookies” which enable us to monitor Company website traffic patterns and to serve you more efficiently if you revisit a Company website. A cookie does not identify you personally, but it does identify your computer. You can set your browser to notify you when you receive a cookie, and this will provide you with an opportunity to either accept or reject it in each instance. Rejecting cookies may have the effect of limiting your access to parts of the Company website.
- Use and disclosure of personal information
We use the personal information collected for the purpose it was provided or received, including in the following ways:
- When authorised, to enable CareDocs staff to support customers in using the CareDocs program and services;
- To review job applications
- To support our marketing
- To monitor acceptable use and internet security
- To respond to enquiries received;
- To enable the provision of location-based services;
- To verify your identity
- To communicate with you and provide you with information (whether by email, post or other means) about our products or services, where you have requested or consented to receive this from us, or where this provision is permitted under the General Data Protection Regulations;
- To notify changes to the Company Websites or the CareDocs system;
- To ensure that content from Company websites is presented most effectively for a particular device;
- To allow participation in interactive features;
- To receive and address feedback or complaints; and
- To protect our legal interests and fulfil our regulatory obligations (if and to the extent necessary).
- To investigate if we suspect there is a breach of our terms and conditions of website usage, or Terms and Conditions of Business.
All customers have the option to opt-out of receiving email marketing communications from us. by clicking on the “unsubscribe” link in any email communications. Other parties may subscribe to our mailing list from the Company website.
Any third parties we employ to process personal data will be compliant in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulations.
We may also need to disclose personal information if required to investigate you or your activities. We may also disclose such information as required or permitted by any law.
If you request us not to use personal information in a particular manner at all, we will adopt reasonable measures to observe your request, but you acknowledge that use of the Company websites and/or CareDocs systems may involve some use of your personal information and that following your application, we may still use or disclose that information if:
- You do not provide us with adequate time to address your request;
- We believe that the use or disclosure is reasonably necessary to assist a law enforcement agency or an agency responsible for government or public security in the performance of their functions;
- We are required by law to disclose the information.
Also, our employees, contractors and other product/service providers who provide services related to our Company websites and CareDocs systems are obliged to respect the confidentiality of any personal information held by us.
Personal information which we collect may be assembled for analysis but, except in circumstances where you expressly indicate or imply that you wish to make the information available to others and to identify you, we will use our best endeavours to ensure that individuals remain unidentified.
- Security of personal information
We hold personal information in our secure databases.
CareDocs Company websites including CareDocs.Mobi and CareDocs.Cloud uses Azure SQL databases that are encrypted at rest by default encryption, as well as all internet communication to and from the servers.
We take all reasonable steps to protect your personal information, including:
- internal and external security;
- restricting access to personal information to those who have a need to know;
- maintain technological products to prevent unauthorised computer access; and
- regularly reviewing our technology to maintain security.
Data is stored in an encrypted form on our servers.
We treat Company websites and data security seriously and endeavour to provide a secure, safe platform through which to enable point of care recording.
We will take reasonable technical and organisational measures to help prevent the loss or corruption of your data following General Data Protection legislation.
All Company websites and CareDocs system users are responsible for keeping their username and passwords used for accessing the systems provided by CareDocs confidential.
- Questions, concerns and access to your personal information
You are entitled to have access to any personal information relating to you which you have previously supplied to us. To obtain a copy of the personal information we hold about you, please write to us using the contact details provided below.
If at any time you provide or disclose personal information about someone other than yourself, you must ensure and you warrant that you have that person’s consent to provide such information for the purpose specified.
If our business is ever sold, acquired, merged, liquidated, reorganised or otherwise transferred, we reserve the right to move to the extent permissible by law, our user databases, together with any personal information and non-personal information contained therein to a third party acquiring the assets.
- Changes to and limitations of this policy
We reserve the right to make changes to this policy. Such changes will be updated on the Company websites following the making of such changes.
- Contact us
If you wish to make an enquiry regarding any personal information relating to you which may be in our possession, contact:
Telephone: 0330 056 3333
Our Contact form – go to our contact page here